Our specialist is Mrs. Leandra Jimenez
Reading Across Broward Level ONE click HERE
Reading Across Broward Level TWO click HERE
Visit our Media Center Webpage at: http://teacherweb.com/FL/ParkSpringsElementary/PSE-Media
There you will find information on topics like: Library/Media Center, Special Events, Library Resources, AR Book/Quiz Finder, Reading Across Broward, Internet Policy, and Research Project Help.
Help Our Tree Grow ----- CLICK HERE FOR FORM
Help grow some bananas on our PSE Giving Tree in the Media Center. By donating $20, you can have a personalized banana placed on our 2013-2014 Giving Banana Tree in the Media Center. All proceeds go towards purchasing new books and equipment for our library!
Student’s Name: ________________________________
Student’s Teacher and grade level:
Name(s) to be put on the leaf:
Mrs. Jimenez sponsors two very important programs:
1. WPSE News
WPSE students write, direct, and perform our school's daily news program. The news includes weather, sports, and general happenings around the school. See Media Club information for more details.
2. Tuesday Night Live
Tuesday Night Live is a Media program that is held every Tuesday night from 5-7 PM in the Media Center. The Media Center is open for book checkout, research, AR and special activities.
Media Center Proceedures
- Remember your library card! It's your passport to borrow library books.
- Take good care of our books.
- Return books on time. Books may be checked out for one week and may be renewed two times.
- 2 books may be checked out at a time. 1st Semester Kindergartners will be allowed 1 book.
Use whisper voices.
If you love to read and help children then volunteering in the Media Center is a wonderful opportunity. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help with the following areas.
- shelve books
- prepare materials
- assist with book fair
- type certificates
- assist with inventory
If you are interested, please contact the Media Specialist. Before volunteering, you must complete the on-line application at www.getinvolvedineducation.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Book Donation Policy
We sincerely welcome gifts and donations in the form of materials or monetary funds. All donations are reviewed according to the collection and development policy and must meet the same criteria as all other items. Books not accepted for the collection will be disposed of in a manner determined by the library. The use and disposal will be at the discretion of the LMS in the interest in maintaining an appropriate and balanced collection.
The donation should meet the following criteria before adding to the collection.
- The offered items are within the scope of the library’s collection and their use falls within the stated library mission.
- The library has enough time and resources to process and maintain the offered items.
- The item does not unnecessarily duplicate materials already held.
- The item’s condition is acceptable.
- The library has space to store the donated items.
- The item is supportive of the school's curriculum or interests of faculty and students and is on an appropriate elementary school academic level.